Student Support and Success Program
The Escola Americana de Campinas (EAC) serves all children in order to participate and experience success in educational programs on offer. EAC Student Support and Success Programs consist of the following:
- A comprehensive school guidance program that includes counseling, personal and social education, and university advising.
- A Learning Support Program that includes services to support students with learning differences.
- An English Language Learning Program that includes instruction and support to help students develop their basic interpersonal communication skills and academic English language skills (reading, writing, speaking, Listening).
- School nurses that provides health services including the assessment and monitoring of student health.
EAC supports the implementation of an inclusion model; consequently, services are aligned as much as possible within the student’s general classroom environment.
The Escola Americana de Campinas promotes an ethos of inclusion. We recognize that all learners benefit from a safe and supportive environment, that understanding and supporting each child’s academic, social and personal growth is imperative to their success, and we are committed to accept, support, include, and celebrate diversity in our community.
Core Values of Beliefs
The work to support students at EAC is based upon the following principles:
- We are committed to knowing our students as individuals.
- Student health and wellness (physical and emotional) is fundamental to learning.
- We develop students’ understanding of their own learning profile, and promote their ability to self-advocate.
- Students learn best in a safe and non-threatening classroom and campus environment.
- Labels are for jars and not kids.
Teaching / Learning
- We work as a team in order to meet the needs of our students.
- We collaborate with external specialists and agencies.
- We differentiate instruction in order to provide all students access to the curriculum.
- We are all teachers of language.
- Diversity is strength.
- We respect confidentiality.
- Parents are informed partners.
- We value the importance of mother tongue.
Please click here to view the EAC Student Support and Success Programs Handbook.