Ready for the Future
While expanding the upper school facilities, the Board of Trustees was also planning the enhancement of the elementary school area. Therefore, in 2002 a new wing was inaugurated with 8 classrooms plus the pavilion which hosts Arts exhibitions, book fairs, parent and student assemblies, and other events.
In 2003, the inauguration of the new cafeteria changed the landscape by the end of the “jaboticabeiras” alley.
However, the major transformation started in 2008 with the approval of the new Master Facilities Plan which foresees improvements up to 2025. The plan focuses on building and renovating areas that have an impact on 3 out of EAC’s 4 pillars: academics, arts and sports which all influence our 4th pillar: global citizenship.
Since 2010, EAC has been expanding in terms of buildings and programs that have an impact not only on the students’ academic experience but also on the parents, alumni and staff members lives.
- 2010: inauguration of new gym and toddlers program with appropriate classrooms and playground
- 2011: implementation of Music Academy program and facilities
- 2012: construction of the new upper school wing with classrooms, arts room, amphitheater and students lounge
- 2013: reintroduction of International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- 2015: accreditation from the Council of International Schools (CIS) and The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)[CK1]
To ensure EAC’s journey continues to point in the right direction, in 2014 members of the Board of Trustees, parents, faculty and staff members and students held a retreat with the purpose to consider revisions to the vision and mission, examining what it means to be Giants in the 21st century. With the whole EAC community pulling together, we have successfully confirmed our course that affirms We are Giants!