Elementary School (grades 1-5
EAC Elementary School is an International, American school that offers students an American style education combined with a high quality Brazilian program. Our focus is to ensure learners are engaged in a student centered approach to teaching and learning. Curriculum is designed to promote inquiry, encourage students to take risks, and offers students choice. Curriculum highlights include:
- CARES- a social emotional multi-age, weekly class that explicitly teaches students about cooperation, assertion, responsibility, empathy, and self-control.
- Reading and Writing Workshop- an approach to literacy that puts an emphasis on students building a reading and writing life. The strategy engages students in developing literacy stamina and exposes learners to a variety of genres.
- Everyday Math- an approach to math that encourages students to develop multiple ways to solve a problem and promotes students to share their math thinking.
- Science and Social Studies curriculum integrates inquiry and hands on experiences. Students are challenged to design solutions to real life problems.
- Art, music, computer technology, and physical education are part of the weekly program.
- Brazilian Program- students in this program receive rigorous instruction in Portuguese language, math, and social studies. EAC students in this program meet local educational requirements and perform at a highly competitive level on national exams.
EAC has an international staff highly qualified in assessment and teaching practices that target individualizing instruction. EAC offers English and Portuguese language learning and individualize plans for students who need academic support.
Foremost, EAC is a globally minded community that nurtures the passions of their learners. Each day students are warmly welcomed and enjoy a morning meeting that supports students in getting to know one another building a safe classroom community.)