search
    Quicklinks
Tools :
email page print page small type large type
Home >
About Us > EAC at a Glance > History > The 60's - A New Campus


A New Campus

The decade started with the school moving from Cambuí to the new campus at Chácara Vera previously owned by Mr. Alfredo Dowe. The original Chácara had abundant jaboticabas, mangoes, bananas, orange trees most of which are still providing fruit today.

Right after the property was bought, the construction of 6 classrooms was initiated where the elementary school is today. Finally, in 1960, school started on the new campus with 87 students. The main house was located where the main office is today. This building has been remodeled throughout the years and served as Superintendent’s office, business office, reception, and library.

At that time, school was located very far from Campinas downtown and was surrounded by pastures only. Teachers and students would come to school either by private bus or “bonde”, crossing the Bierremback de Castro farm.

Later in 1966, the construction of a new high school building was approved. The project included an auditorium, which was also used as a multi-function room, divided by sliding partitions, for English, French and History classes. This building also had two separate classrooms for Science Lab/Math and Chemistry Lab.  Two other separate rooms served as Book Room, teacher’s office and prep-room. This building is located where 5th grade classrooms are today. 

Escola Americana de Campinas
Rua Cajamar 35     Cep 13090 860 - Campinas - SP     Brazil     Phone: +55 (19) 2102-1000     Email: talktous@eac.com.br
facebook
 © 2012     Site Map        About Us        Admissions        Academics        Athletics        Fine Arts        Campus LIfe        Alumni
powered by finalsite