EAC's first address
An appropriate house was rented at 1010 Rua Coronel Quirino, and the school started with four children. Maria Thereza Sanford Brasil worked as teacher and principal, and hired two other teachers: Miss Dorothy Toughton, a missionary, and Mrs. Annette Terrell, a descendant of one of the first families who came to Americana.
Later in 1958, the school, now with 13 students, moved to another rented house at 744 Rua Maria Monteiro, as other industries with similar needs moved to the Campinas region and joined talents and resources with 3M to continue the school. Those companies were: Clark Equipment, BF Goodrich, Singer, Rigesa, General Electric, Bendix, Merk Sharp & Dohme, Goodyear, and Champion.
The school was a success and with the increasing number of students, EAC’s associated companies envisioned the need for a bigger property so that the school could follow a steady path of growth and improvement.